To Your Heart's Content

Friday, November 18, 2005

beijing bicycle

My health remains in jeopardy not due to food or pollution but rather my bike ride to school, which consists of being cut off no less than five times each day on a bike that makes more sounds than a cacophonous sympathy....well, at least I don't need a horn. But that is China for you: people, people, and more people.

I guess the bike ride cold be considered exercise--I have to ride my shitty bike to and from school everyday (in total about an hour, which could probably be done in half that time with a new bike). Yeah, I knew my bike was total shit when even a Chinese guy laughed at it! Both my pedals have fallen off and I had to recently replace the back rim since the spokes broke and practically gutted my chain! Today in fact my front basket broke and is barely hanging on! And a car slightly siderailed my back tire—luckily I escaped without any scratches and only a dented rim. yes, the highlights of Beijing. Welcome to ordered chaos.

3 Comments:

  • hey buddy!

    what district do you live in in beijing? i lived in jiuxianquio, haidianqu (near renmin daxue) and xisi.

    great to have another way to keep in touch with an awesome rpcv. miss you man!

    patrick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM, November 18, 2005  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM, January 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



see web stats