To Your Heart's Content

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tampering?

As some of you know, all of a sudden my blog just wasn't appearing. In its stead there were various encryptions of some sort that I eventually figured were some of the various commands in my template. My template looked fine last time I checked (less than two weeks ago) and when I checked again today, I found that somebody had to have done some major tampering or something. VERY luckily, I happened to e-mail myself a copy of my template when I first started the blog! Otherwise, I would have had to start all over again. That this happened is very strange. First, somebody had to know my password. Second, they had to have a reason. Third, why would somebody be doing tampering with my blog? Perhaps I wrote something inappropriate about a certain person or country? And who knows what kind of deal google signed with uncle sammy, or rather, uncle who for access to this market. Who knows. But whoever did it: HA HA. Back up and running lil' bitch. And good luck getting passed my new password. Unless of course, it was my mistake?

I FINALLY moved into a new place! Yep, and it's really nice. Had to ditch my roommate for good and have some peace of mind (that is, no treading dirt, no cockroaches, no clogged toilet, no nasty smells, no dirty basin, no tatooed and pierced gangster-garbed kids coming to my home late at night and staying there the whole next day, no constant break downs of anything, no bad breath, no inconsiderateness, a reliable air conditioner, an elevator, trash system, modern amenities, good clean smells, a nice view, a living room, not as much dust, a reliable lock on my door....). Okay, so I think you get the point. The downside: costs about $100 more per month. But is it worth it? You bet your ass it is.

Today I met a Korean girl who is one of five volunteers for the UN in Beijing. A little extraordinary she is I must say, having volunteered for two years in Sri Lanka (she was there when the tsunami hit), a couple of months on the island of Hainan, China, and is now here for two years in Beijing with the goal of eventually getting permanent UN employment later on in either Calcutta, NY, Geneva, etc. Well, an anomaly indeed. She is from Korea's biggest island, Je-ju, which happens to have deeper historical links to Mongolia than mainland Korea, and also explains how we fortuitously met. She was looking for some Mongolians online, I told her I knew some, yadda yadda yadda...Anyhow, George, if you are reading this, we might go to Mongolia together for your wedding!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



see web stats