To Your Heart's Content

Saturday, December 16, 2006

What A Week

This week was quite eventful for many reasons, not the least of which was Mao's grandson (Mao Xingyu) almost came to my house!! I know, I know, almost only counts with horseshoes and hand-grenades but hey, it's true! And instead they ended up filming a documentary about my life and work in Beijing! Why me? Who the hell knows. Maybe cause they had nothing else interesting to shoot? It will be aired in China sometime within the next six months, I am assuming. Yes, my boss has mad connections, and threw me into the flames when he said, "Justin, the president of the American Chamber of Commerce is coming in at 3 p.m. tomorrow for an interview with Guangdong Television. I want you to translate." UMMM, "Yes, sir. But I warn you that I may make an ass out of both myself and the president of AmCham, sir." Him: "Just go with the flow." Well, I thought, whatever flow I go with will probably resonate with the tsunami that just hit southeast asia. Anyhow, that was also canceled, but not after I spent half the night before trying to memorize words like integrated circuit, auto manufacturing industry, FDI, $150 billion trade surplus/deficit, and other fun ones. Hew!

On a sidenote, looks like I won't be posting regularly for a while (not that I ever did anyway!) since I am finding myself inordinately busy since taking on some fun and challenging volunteer work on the nights and weekends, part of which entails writing and editing grant proposals. Maybe too much but life is too short. I would love to write more but can't. It's funny though how paranoia works! I can't even imagine how Stalin must have felt.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 



see web stats